In our previous blog post, “Immigration Law and Green Card FAQs Part 1,” we discussed some of the most commonly asked questions about immigration law and permanent resident cards. In today’s blog post, we will continue to answer more of your questions. 

At Zohar Law, we understand that immigration law can be a bit difficult to navigate on your own, and we are here to help. Whether you or a loved one are ready to apply for a family-based green card or you have some questions about immigrant visas, we can guide you through the process. Contact Zohar Law today for more information. 

What Is a Biometric Screening?

The biometric screening is required to be eligible for a green card. During this appointment, a government official will record certain information about the applicant, including their fingerprints, signature, and a photo. This allows the government to check for any previous criminal history or immigration violations. 

What Is a Marriage Green Card?

If a foreign national marries a United States citizen or a green card holder, they are eligible to apply for a green card. Each situation may vary slightly, so if you are interested in a green card through your marriage, it is best to work with an experienced immigration law team to understand how to apply for a marriage green card. 

What Is the USCIS?

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, or the USCIS, is a part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Their main responsibilities are approving green cards, work permits, travel permits, naturalization, and other immigration benefits. 

Why Would a Green Card Application be Denied?

The most common reasons that green card applications are denied is due to missing documents, failure to demonstrate eligibility, and insufficient financial resources. If you are concerned that your green card application may be denied, contact your Top Rated Local® NYC immigration lawyer at Zohar Law today for assistance. 

What Is a Family-Based Green Card?

A family-based green card allows a U.S. citizen or a permanent lawful resident to petition for a green card for an immediate family member such as a spouse, parent, or child. Learn more about family-based green cards and if you or a loved one may be eligible.  

What Is a VAWA Green Card?

The Violence Against Women Act allows a child, parent, or spouse who has been the victim of abuse by a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident to self-petition for lawful status without the need to notify the offending family member. Learn more about VAWA green cards from Zohar Law today.  

Contact Zohar Law for Your Immigration Law Needs

We hope that this blog from Zohar Law about immigration law and green cards was helpful. If you still have more questions, concerns, or you are ready to apply for your permanent resident card, our experienced legal team can help. We can assist with everything from family-based green cards and immigrant visas to citizenship and naturalization. Contact us today for a free consultation.