What Type of O-1 Visa Is Right for Me?

What Type of O-1 Visa Is Right for Me?

Are you an immigrant looking for legal permission to work and stay in the United States? The O-1 visa may be the solution you need to work in your field of expertise. As experienced business visa attorneys, we at Zohar Law understand that navigating the various types of O-1 visas can be challenging. we'll guide you through the different types of O-1 visas and their intended purposes. Read on to learn more and contact us to n with our immigration lawyers.

As experienced US business visa attorneys at Zohar Law, we understand that it can be daunting to choose the correct O-1 visa. Below, we’ll delve into the different types of O-1 Visas and who they are for. Read on to learn more and contact us today to speak with our immigration lawyers.


O-1A Visa

The O-1A visa is suitable for immigrants with a demonstrated record of exceptional performance in sciences, education, business, or athletics. Applicants for this visa should provide evidence of recognition for their exceptional achievements. Examples of proof include publications in their field, receipt of major awards and prizes, participation in committees, or membership of associations that require outstanding achievements in their respective fields.

M10022 - Zohar Law - What Type of O-1 Visa Is Right for Me.png

O-1B Visa

The O-1B visa is designed for immigrants with extraordinary ability in the arts or anyone who has demonstrated an extraordinary track record in the motion picture or television industry. Applicants under this category can provide evidence of their achievements through critical reviews, publications, and documentation of their leading roles in significant productions.


O-2 Visa

The O-2 visa is for immigrants who will accompany an O-1 artist or athlete to aid in a specific production or performance. This category covers support personnel such as coaches, trainers, and stage managers. An applicant must prove that they are an integral part of the performance or production and possess critical knowledge and skills.


O-3 Visa

The O-3 visa applies to individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1 and O-2 visa holders. It is a dependent visa that allows the family members of the O-1 and O-2 visa holders to accompany them to the United States. However, it does not allow the spouse or children to work in the United States.

At Zohar Law, we understand that navigating the visa process can be challenging. If you need assistance with your visa application or have any other US immigration matters, including green cards, citizenship, and more, our experienced business visa attorneys will be happy to help. Get in touch with us today to schedule a consultation.

Contact Us