Zohar Law is an immigration law firm in New York that offers a range of immigration law services. Whether you need to secure a visa to work in the United States or whether you’re facing a deportation hearing, our immigration law team can advocate for you.

We start with a personal, one-on-one consultation to get a sense of your situation and to develop a responsive plan of action. We take our client-lawyer relationship very seriously, and our foundational priority is to advocate on behalf of your needs and aspirations.

Learn more about our immigration law services in New York, and be sure to contact Zohar Law today to schedule a personal consultation.

At Zohar Law, we’re a full-service immigration law firm. This means we take cases that relate to a host of immigration issues. Consider the following components of immigration law that we handle to see how our New York attorneys can help you.

A Green Card gives an individual permission to stay in the United States to live or to work as a permanent resident. Securing a Green Card can be a cumbersome, lengthy process, so having an immigration attorney to guide you through it can be the difference between success and failure.

According to U.S. Government Services and Information, a Green Card provides:

  • Official immigration status
  • Certain rights and responsibilities
  • A path toward naturalization as a U.S. citizen

Individuals can qualify for Green Card status through:

  • Family
  • Employment
  • Special immigration
  • Refugee or asylee status
  • Human trafficking and crime victim status
  • Abuse victim status
  • Registry
  • Other

Our immigration law firm in New York can work with to figure out eligibility status, how to apply, and, ultimately, how to secure a Green Card.

Learn More

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) protects non-citizen immigrants who have been victims of abuse by a permenant U.S. citizen.

An individual might be eligible for a Green Card, under VAWA, if they are a victim of abuse or battery committed by:

  • A U.S. citizen spouse or former spouse
  • A U.S. citizen parent
  • A U.S. citizen son or daughter
  • A lawful permanent resident (LPR) spouse or former spouse
  • An LPR parent

If you have suffered abuse at the hands of an individual who falls into any of the above categories, you might be able to secure VAWA permanent residency. You can also file a self-petition so that the abuser is not aware of your application.

Incidents of VAWA eligibility are sensitive in nature, and the process can be detailed. If you believe you or a loved one qualify for VAWA protection, please contact our New York immigration law office today.

Learn More

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJ) relates to children in the U.S. who have been victims of abuse or abandonment. In other cases, children are living in the U.S. without a parent or guardian. In these situations, the juvenile might qualify to stay in the United States to live and work with a Green Card (once eligible).

Like VAWA immigration cases, SIJ cases can be extremely sensitive, complex, and time-consuming. If you’re in this situation or are advocating for a youth in need, it behooves you to work with an immigration attorney.

Learn More

Non-immigrant visas, unlike Green Cards, provide temporary, time-limited immigration status to individuals. Common situations that qualify for non-immigrant visas include tourism, temporary work, student status, a temporary business arrangement, or a medical treatment.

If you are seeking a non-immigrant visa for any reason, work with the team at Zohar Law in NYC to make the process a smoother one.

Learn More

Facing removal or deportation is undoubtedly one of the most stressful experiences an individual can encounter. At our immigration law firm in NYC, we handle these cases with extreme sensitivity and transparency. Our goal is to help individuals meet their immigration goals and ultimately to be able to stay in the country in the capacity they want.

If you or a loved one is facing deportation or removal, our immigration defense attorneys can provide an aggressive, targeted defense. We keep your best interests in the foreground of the picture, and we’re along with you every step of the way.

Learn More

When an individual would like to become a U.S. citizen through the process of Naturalization, an immigration lawyer is a primary advocate. Individuals can qualify for Naturalization by meeting a few different criteria, including:

  • Permanent resident status for at least five years, and/or
  • Serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, and/or
  • Permanent resident status for at least three years and a U.S. citizen spouse

At our immigration law firm, we are well-versed in various immigration statuses and the qualifications for each. Reach out to us today for a one-on-one consultation.

Learn More

H-1B Visas are a variation of non-immigrant visas. They are particular to situations where a U.S. company wants to hire non-citizen employees. Employees can apply for the H-1B Visa to work in roles, generally related to science, math, engineering, accounting, and other specialized skillsets.

Given the relationship of the H-1B Visa and the U.S. political landscape, these Visas can be at times easy and difficult to receive. If you’re having difficulty securing a Visa or would like support as you apply for one, our immigration law team can help.

Learn More

K-1 Visas apply to situations where an individual’s fiancé(e) is a U.S. citizen and the individual is seeking immigration status. Before the couple can legally marry, the non-citizen must obtain the K-1 Visa.

After marriage, the K-1 Visa expires and the individual must go through the process to become a permanent resident.

Learn More

Like H1-B Visas, L-1 Visas are non-immigrant visas. Also referred to as “intracompany transferees,” individuals who seek L-1 Visas do so to work in a specific role at a multinational company.

Say, for instance, that an individual works with a company with offices in Mumbai, London, and Chicago. If the individual has been tapped for a role in the Chicago office but they currently live in Mumbai as a citizen of India, they can qualify for the L-1 Visa. Family members in this situation qualify for L-2 Visas.

At Zohar Law, we speak English, Arabic, Spanish, and Hebrew. We can speak with you and walk you through this process.

Learn More

R-1 Visas, another type of non-immigrant visa, come into the picture when an individual is employed in a religious capacity. If a synagogue in New York, for instance, wants to hire a rabbi from Israel, then the rabbi can petition for an R-1 Visa to live and work in the U.S.

Learn More

Individuals can seek asylum when they have been persecuted from another country based on religion, race, politics, affiliation with a group, etc. Asylum seekers are protected by the United States, whether they entered the country legally or not.

Asylum has become an increasingly common situation in the United States, as humanitarian crises ravage Central America. If you or a loved one is seeking asylum in the United States, our team at Zohar Law can fight for you every step of the way.

Learn More

Waivers of Ineligibility are one of the more complicated immigration law procedures, but the team at Zohar Law can help. In general, these Waivers of Ineligibility are meant to reduce the time that loved ones are separated from each other when one is a U.S. citizen and the other is not.

Learn More

If an individual has come to America to seek a better life, Consular Practice can help make this dream into a reality. Our immigration law firm in New York offers Consular Practice as a way to ameliorate the transition to the United States.

Contact us today if you’re interested in learning more about Consular Practice.

Learn More