What Is A VAWA?

As a woman, you want to feel protected by the law. If something detrimental were to happen to you, you want to make sure that you are able to press charges and feel safe on the right side of the law. Many women all over the world have to survive everyday in conditions that are unsafe either because they are in abusive relationships or they have to fear for the lives of their children due to their living situation. In America, women and girls are legally safe no matter if you are a citizen or not. If you are a foreign born woman or girl in America – there are about 19 million immigrant women and girls – then you are protected by the VAWA or Violence Against Women Act.

The VAWA is an act that protects battered noncitizen immigrants. If you are a woman or a child who has been abused by a permanent U.S citizen and you want to seek permanent residency, then you are able to under the VAWA. Keep yourself and your child protected with this act, and take the initiative to get out of your current situation. If you’re are experiencing abuse, then Zohar Law PLLC firm is able to help you find an immigration lawyer in a discreet manner.

How Can You Obtain The VAWA Green Card?

If you are ready to seek citizenship without allowing your spouse to know, then we are able to help you. VAWA green cards are processed in a very discreet manner to keep the person filing safe. If you are a battered noncitizen and want to obtain a VAWA green card, the first thing you need to do is find a lawyer who is able to be discreet and help you go through the process. By going through a self-petitioning process, you are able to apply for immigration status without your abuser knowing. The VAWA green card is eligible for children, parents, and spouses who are experiencing abuse. When the self-petition is completed, then you need to file supporting documentation. In addition, evidence of the abuse needs to be taken into account and the cruelty of the relationship of the abuser. The process of a VAWA green card can be very long and strenuous, but to be rid of your abuser will be worth it to you in the end.

How Can Zohar Law PLLC Firm Help You?

When you want to find a lawyer, come to Zohar Law PLLC, an immigration law office. First, when you want to find a lawyer for a VAWA green card, you need to make sure they are discreet and are able to follow your wishes. At Zohar Law PLLC firm, we understand the importance of keeping a file for a VAWA green card confidential and we understand what the risks are, which is why we are able to handle this situation delicately. We’ve dealt with applying for a VAWA green card, so we’re familiar with the process and how important it is to ensure your need to apply for a VAWA green card is confidential. When you come to us, we have a one-on-one consultation to figure out your situation and decide how to protect your rights and what’s in your best interest. At Zohar Law PLLC firm, we are able to help you in a confidential and personal fashion. Learn more about VAWA Green Cards and reach out to us by filling out the form below.

Contact Form

Main contact and quote form
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.